On 2011-07-18 02:16, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
That's quite a conclusion to jump to. Julian Brown claimed to be
employed by the EPO, but made no claim to be representing them. He's
also asked that his blog post be taken down:

I didn't investigate myself, and I was only talking about a (admittedly remote) possibility. It's rumored (to tell the truth more than just that - so Passerini often writes in his 22passi blog - this info unofficially and confidentially comes to him from the Bologna E-Cat R&D team by the way) that there actually are people trying to damage and discredit Rossi and his work.

[snip]
I've stated that as a possibility, because this has happened to
inventors before, who are tempted to "amplify" test results because
they've become trapped in overenthusiastic claims. I've suggested the
possibility -- that is all that it is, this isn't an accusation -- in
response to those who express disbelief that an inventor would set
himself up for humiliation when the fraud is exposed.

Well, it doesn't look like Rossi is trying to avoid overenthusiastic claims. He's just written this on his blog several minutes ago, for example:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=501&cpage=2#comment-53875

Andrea Rossi
July 17th, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Dear Nikita Alexand:
I cannot give information regarding the reactor’s operation.
By the way: in the stress tyests we are doing in this period with our modules
we are making energy without energy supply from the reasistances for most of
time. This answers, partially, to your questions. I am sorry if I can’t give
more to you.
Warm regards,
A.R.

So most of the time he now performs stress tests on his modules in self-sustaining mode, apparently. That's an amazing claim! Just demonstrating one of those running for a reasonable amount of time would have rendered pointless most of the discussions and criticisms on steam issues made so far, even Julian Brown's.

Cheers,
S.A.