On 2011-07-31 02:41, Harry Veeder wrote:

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/37/NET370.shtml

This was of interest to me:

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/37/3705report3.shtml

Rossi Goes to NASA

On July 14, Rossi met with members of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in
Huntsville, Alabama.

The next day, I spoke with the man who organized the meeting, Michael A.
Nelson. Nelson is a systems engineer and has been at NASA for 30 years. He has
experience in a wide variety of engineering disciplines.

He has worked at NASA in the main propulsion group for the space shuttle as
well as with the launch monitoring systems. July 15 was a historic day for
Nelson and many other NASA staff members because it was the final day of the
last space shuttle mission.

Nelson explained to me that his facility has excellent resources for testing
anomalous claims and that it has always been open and interested in new ideas.

Nelson would not go into detail on the record with me about the meeting with
Rossi, but he did provide a few facts.

    Rossi had contacted Nelson several months ago, asking to visit.
    Rossi paid his own expenses to attend the July 14 meeting at Marshall.
    Approximately 25 people comprising NASA staff and outside contractors
attended the meeting.
    There was no demonstration, only a discussion about Rossi's device.
    NASA showed my June 14 video, in which Rossi demonstrated his device to me.
    NASA is offering an opportunity to test Rossi's device so long as there is
no cost to the government.
    No agreement has been established.
    NASA 's interest is for possible space applications of the device.
    Further details are not available at this time.

Nelson was eager to see the truth about Rossi's device revealed, however it
turns out.

"Hope is good as long as it’s not false hope," Nelson wrote. "False hope is one of
the most destructive kinds of forces in the LENR field. The truth is what gets us through any of
this."

Nelson explained that he was trying to open avenues for new research at NASA,
including LENR research.

"LENR is another avenue. It's not just about Rossi," Nelson said, "If the Rossi
thing doesn't happen, then maybe something else will.

"Rossi has brought a lot of attention to the field. Any researchers who have a
legitimate claim are going to benefit from this."

Cheers,
S.A.