On 11-07-31 10:10 PM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:
Upon closer inspection, this counter-intuitive configuration is actually less bizarre to comprehend to those (such as me) who have studied magnetic characteristics, and who have performed countless Finite Element Method Magnetic computer simulations on similar configurations over the years. I should point out, however, that I have yet to personally discover a configuration that hints of OU. However, the software I was using (FEMM) was free and probably still is. Perhaps I got what I paid for. It was either that, or shell out $20K for a "professional" package. ;-)
Please note that physics simulation packages are going to be based on physical law, as currently understood, and the "conventional" E&M model of magnetism is conservative. As a result, the assumption of conservative behavior is built into the modeling package.
Consequently, it should, in principle, be impossible to discover any non-conservative behavior between permanent magnets by running a simulation. If such exists, you'd need to use real magnets to find it.

