>From Terrry:

> The consensus at the time was it was driven with a
> compressed air nozzle.

A reasonably educated guess.

Nevertheless, I'm not yet ready to throw in the towel. (Or perhaps I'm
not finished obsessing over... I mean amusing myself over the
"Alsetalokin" matter.) ;-)

The original "Alsetalokin" video is badly lit. The imagery flickers.
There is also a loud extraneous buzzing noise that permeates the audio
track. One has to question why the video was so badly shot. If I wuz a
suspicious individual it would be easy to start asking myself: What
was "Alsetalokin" trying to obfuscate by posting such an obscure
video. However, I tend to side more on what might be described as the
gullible side of these matters. Emotionally, I WANT to believe. If it
wasn't for the fact that my intellect occasionally pipes up and sez
annoying things like "...excuse me, but stop ignoring the man behind
the curtain!!!" I probably wouldn't be of much use to anyone.

I'll now try to explain in more detail why "Alsetalokin's" video still
makes the intellectual centers of my brain itch. The following
assessment is based on the assumption that both the rotor and stator
PMs are simultaneously rotating in the same rotational direction,
either clockwise or counter-clockwise. Makes no difference. The only
difference is the fact that the STATOR PM rotates at a higher RPM -
in-sync at one complete 360 degree rotation while two ROTOR PMs pass
nearby.

A classic torque graph tends to show a sharp "up" spike as described
in Newton forces. It is immediately followed by a quick "down" spike
that looks like an exact mirror replica of the "up" spike". The only
difference is that the "down" spike has been flipped both horizontally
and vertically and shifted such that the zero nexus point meets
exactly where the Newton forces equal zero.  Where the "up" spike and
the "down" spike meet is analogous to the bottom floor of two valleys
where a boulder would naturally want to roll towards if free to do
so... the magnetic cogging effect.

If one were to rapidly rotate the "Alsetalokin" the ROTOR/STATOR
configuration as describe above, a curious thing may begin to
manifest, something related to magnetic viscosity and/or the effects
of hysteresis. The flux lines of adjacent PMs will be "dragged"
slightly to the right (or left) depending on what direction the
ROTOR/STATOR configuration is rotating. That "drag" results in a small
shift of the classic Newton torque measurements as portrayed on a
graph. Granted, the shifted or dragged torque measurements are
probably still symmetrical in of itself - except for one annoying
little detail, a detail I have yet to resolve in my brain. It has to
do with the fact that the ROTOR/STATOR configuration is an on-going
DYNAMIC condition. Classic Torque measurements, as simulated in s/w
packages like FEMM pertain to basic measurements from STATIC
non-moving configurations. Therefore, it is still reasonable to
speculate on a premise that the actual measurements of what actually
happens in a dynamic configuration are not necessarily being
accurately modeled here. It is still possible that a tiny sliver of
asymmetry has been introduced into a dynamically rotating
configuration. There are times when the torque forces are attracting
the ROTOR/STATOR configuration, and times when the same torque forces
are repelling against each other. Both effects will CHANGE the
migratory pattern of flux lines in interesting ways. At first glance
one might assume an obvious asymmetry would have to be introduced due
to the fact that it's well known (among researchers) that repelling
forces are never as strong as the attracting forces. However,
spatially speaking, there is more spatial time in the repulsive torque
phaze, and when you add all the pluses and minuses up it still comes
to zero ... OR... OR!!! perhaps not. It's this uncertainty that I have
yet to answer to my satisfaction in the "Alsetalokin" configuration.
The point being: Is it possible that "Alsetalokin's" configuration
manages to introduce a way to shave off a tiny slice of SPATIAL TIME
pertaining to the repulsive phase. If that does happen a real
asymmetry would be introduced into the configuration. Granted, it's
probably a long shot since we are dealing with Newtonian events, not
quantum events, but anyway... Inquiring minds want to know.

Software simulations such as FEMM can only point theoreticians and
researchers in a general speculative direction. In the end, there is
only one way to know for sure. Build the damned contraption! A major
difference I would introduce in future POC (Proof of Concept)
constructions would be to add special gearing to the ROTOR/STATOR
configuration. The gearing would force the ROTOR/STATOR configuration
to always rotate in-sync, no matter what the RPM speed might be. The
downside of adding gearing would be to introduce additional friction
to the overall construction. However, if there exists sufficient
asymmetry, (a BIG if here!), then OU does exist, and it may be enough
to overcome the added effects of more friction.

As for me, I'm tapped out cash wise. ... the garage is a mess, too.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks