Why should I believe anomalous heat is being produced if I don't believe in 
Rossi's measurements? A good eyeball estimate would seem to be good enough in 
this case, i.e. its obvious. One does not need to measure the kindling point of 
paper to know if it has in fact been reached. The point to this is exactly that 
no measurements are possible. I do not choose to eliminate what we do know 
despite not being able to measure or being given measurements. If we had to 
rely on the dogmatic attitude you sugeest there would have been no advancement. 
Science does not eliminate the evidence of the senses it relies on them. You 
insist on a tautology even though soe facts are in while not providing one 
yourself. You haven't made your views clear and do not expect that they will be 
shared by others. 

As for the volume of steam produced by 2g of water its a table look up. The 
hose diameter is an estimate which many have made. You should read the 
literature more often. Certainly the velocity of the Rossi hose plume is 
insufficient- as expected. Levi himself has claimed (assuming dry steam) that 
50% is condensed in the hose. It would be nice to actually have measurement of 
outflow velocity but after a scathing reply from Rossi I'm not about to ask 
again. The case is far from "we don't know anything about this." The truth is 
one must reject your notion that exact measurements are needed. I don't need a 
measurement within 0.01% to tell me that something is not qualitatively 
possible. 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jed Rothwell 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Answering Krivit #3: eCat steam quality must be above 75% 
(above 4300 Watts)


  Joe Catania wrote:


    The Rossi machine, judging from what comes out of the hose is not producing 
any anomalous heat.

  You cannot judge what comes out of the hose. You have not measured it; not 
the speed, or the temperature, the dryness or any other parameter. You know 
practically nothing about it.



    My point is (again) if the steam flow rate is ~10 m/sec (as it must be from 
calculations to give stated anomalous heat) it would be able to entrain some 
water. Whether the flow rate has actually been measured was not relevant. 
Certainly there is nowhere near 10m/s flow at the end of the hose.

  How do you know this? Did you measure the speed of the steam? By what method? 
Do you know how much it slows when it strikes air after leaving the hose? Have 
you compared the speed to other steam producing machines with similar hoses? Or 
hoses with smaller orifices? 

  As I said, this is a mere impression, but as far as I can tell, the plumes of 
steam from other machines that consume 2 to 4 kW look about the same as the 
Rossi device. The speed of the plumes, based on the distance at which the steam 
becomes visible, seem about the same to me. I did a very rough estimate with a 
ruler, comparing it to the Krivit video. Admittedly this is far from real 
science. It is an impression. I would not put any stock in it. But unless you 
have done something better, such that you can rigorously determine the speed of 
the steam, you don't know a thing about this.

  - Jed

Reply via email to