At 08:42 PM 8/17/2011, Daniel Rocha wrote:
Hmm. Not all Arabs are Muslims... In my city, most of them are catholic Christians and there are almost no Muslims.

2011/8/17 Alan J Fletcher <<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]>
At 04:41 PM 8/17/2011, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
I'll take on your bet that a 5% Dry fully-atomized stream is possible. One pint of beer/glass of wine ?

I don't drink alcohol. Read the name.


My apologies. Equivalent value, then ... say $5. Means of delivery to be determined.

Bets without an agreed-upon test and procedure for determining that the test has been satisfied are a formula for conflict. I'm quite confident that it can be done, but we have not:

1. A described test of the device, or alternate method of showing that it's possible. 2. Anyone willing to put in the substantial work to actually construct such a thing? I see no value to it except maybe I could sell the technology to frauds, but once it was known, it would be useless for that! 3. It might be completely moot. I.e, suppose Defkalion starts shipping Hyperions. Who cares, then, if the Rossi demonstrations were poor? Historical interest, maybe. How much work are you willing to put in for something of shallow historical interest?

Instead, I'll simply point out that one can make an atomized spray with an *atomizer*. A little pressure behind a device, with certain characteristics. The resulting spray of droplets will travel quite some distance before disappearing into even dry air. If the atomizier is spraying into air at 100% RH, they won't disappear at all. If that air is moving, they will move with it. If the temperature is boiling, that will be, then, "wetter steam."

It's pretty simple. If I'd accepted the bet -- I did not -- I could claim that you obviously owe me $5. Or are you claiming that *atomizers* can't be made?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomizer_nozzle

(What happens at the outlet opening if there is liquid overflow is not the same as an "atomizer" in the Wikipedia definition. But the effect would be similar, a spray. The WP definition claims that the liquid vaporizes, but doesn't actually mention that it would probably then immediately condense when the pressure returns to ambient. I don't expect vaporization at the outlet port, rather the reverse. The steam is at maximum pressure at that point. Pressure would then be relieved as the flow enters the hose, so there would be some immediate condensation, from cooling due to pressure drop. The cooling, however, unless the steam is *really, really* wet, will not change the temperature except a little (basically to boiling at the reduced pressure).

Reply via email to