Scott,
You are knocking on precisely the door I have been trying to open but the
language so easily perverts between time and space when you switch
perspectives between different inertial frames. The task is further obscured
by our position that an apparently "stationary" region inside a cavity can
utilize suppression to generate a different [equivalent?] inertial frame
based on changes in the unit time instead of changing the velocity of an
object[a gravity hill].

I agree with your "pressure" analogy which can trace its origin back to
Puthoff's atomic model which is then further accumulated / segregated by
virtue of Casimir geometry. Where I disagree however is that these
"pressures" could have a spatial bias without use of a 3rd  body to create
an asymmetry - My posit is that the stream of virtual particles exist in a
rolled up dimension that is 90 degrees displaced to our spatial plane and
where this stream intersects with the spatial plane the virtual particles
appear to grow from nothing outward into our spatial dimension at a specific
xyz coordinate and then just as quickly shrink back out of our spatial
dimensions in a never ending stream. Therefore the "pressure" is balanced
along the time axis and it requires a 3rd body to interact with these fields
in an asymmetrical manner to force the balance to redistribute between time
and space. My bet is that hydrogen atoms used by Rossi or Mills are
exchanging time for energy and would be much older than hydrogen that was
never circulated through a cavity - We know the difference in light speed
thru a Casimir region is only infinitesimally faster than C as perceived
outside the cavity but this is the most rapid example of an object
transitioning the region and piloted directly thru center of the cavity -
think about the accumulating dilation of an object such as a gas atom
residing for hours and slowly migrating into ever decreasing geometry with
the possibility of fractionalized atoms achieving confinements up to 137
times smaller than a normal atom could achieve.

Regards

Fran

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:38:41 -0700 Wm. Scott Smith wrote

The Quantum Vacuum itself exerts radiation pressure all of the time on

everything. As measured within the accelerated time-frame, photon collisions
of

a given intensity are happening at exactly the same rate as the
corresponding

photons that manifest outside of the cavity, as measured from that external

time frame; however, when we stand outside of the cavity, we see these
equally

energetic collisions as happening at a faster rate, inside the cavity and we

conclude that more outward directed momentum is being imparted, inside the

cavity than outside the cavity.

The observer inside the cavity would see the same difference in forces,
except

he thinks the outside world is passing through time more slowly; therefore,
he

concludes that his side of the cavity walls are receiving momentum at a
normal

rate, but that the corresponding photons are striking the external walls
more

slowly.

In other words, both observers agree that there is more outward directed

pressure inside the cavity than there is inward directed pressure acting on
the

exterior of the cavity.

Again, the pressure is the same inside and outside the cavity in each of
those

time frames, but they both see the same resulting difference in pressure
from

their own perspective.

Really, the question hinges on whether the inside surface of the wall is in

different time zone than the outside surface . I think, if our theory is
true,

that the surfaces inside the cavity must  be inside the faster time zone
since

it is this very surface that is causing the time-rate shift. Otherwise, the

space would still be too small for the longer waves!

What is causing the Casimir Effect if what I am saying is not true?

Scott