Scott,

  I am not saying the perpendicularity prevents these virtual photons from

exerting real forces - only that the forces divide equally between the 3
spatial axis unless you use another body or field that interacts with the
photon in an asymmetrical manner -like tacking a sail boat to derive a
different vector from the ambient wind direction by utilizing a rudder and
centerboard between wind and wave. My issue with Vtec is that it seems like
you are trying to pick yourself up by your hair - the forces you propose to
exploit are sourced and sinked in the same v shaped geometry.

That said I do agree these growing and contracting spheres do represent
motion but they impart force equally into our spatial plane. I think gas
motion is a perfect example of how these chaotic occurrences equal out to
supply random forces that keeps gases expanded but without any specific
spatial bias - just pressure. I don't think you can reuse the same object
that creates the pressure to steer itself.

Regards

Fran

Wm. Scott Smith
Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:57:05 -0700

I agree that we can view virtual photons as expanding through our lower

dimensional 3-di "Plane" I think of this expansion in terms of a photon

"traveling" half a wavelength then disappearing. From any standpoint the

Quantum Photon Flux is imparting momentum to matter (or else it doesn't
matter

anyway!)

Furthermore, if we consider a photon flux from 3-space through 2-space, it
is

as you say, a dot appears to expand into a circle, then contract again into

dot and disappear.When a 4 or 4+ space sends photons through our 3-space,
then

these appearing-disappearing circles intersect every possible plane in our

3-space.

I really don't see why this perpendicularity prevents these photons from

exerting real forces in the many ways that have been attributed to the
Quantum

Flux.  If you accept that there is an electromagnetic Q-Flux then you must

acknowledge the possibility that it exerts radiation pressure on matter. If

this is true, then my various proposals are very plausible.

Incidentally, light in a medium other than space moves slow, yet imparts
more

momentum to a mirror that is located inside the medium; therefore, even a

stationary photon may impart momentum to an adjacent surface in the
direction

of its propagation, since its action on matter is due to the transverse

movement of the wave.

Researchers have created materials that have negative (not fractional)
indices

of refraction, it is thought that light might exert tension on a material

instead of pressure. Again, such light could only do this if its transverse

field motion is what causes it momentum-effects.

Again, I really think I can do this, but I really need help.

Scott