On Sep 20, 2011, at 12:13 AM, Jouni Valkonen wrote:

I was done commenting on your posts, but I see you want me to comment more.

Horace, your 15 years of experience has it's limits because you have never seen Rossi like setup before. You should not rely on that, because it might fail you.

Uh ... a device is purported to create excess heat. Bad calorimetry (even as admitted by you) is applied to public demonstrations. Public and press pointed this out. Instead of doing the right thing and correcting the calorimetry and re-running tests at nominal cost and effort, the response is to change the device and continue with more bad calorimetry of a different sort? The response is to keep true experts away that have extensive experience and will do calorimetry for free. How can anyone rely on any claims when kind of approach is taken? You think we haven't seen this kind of thing here on vortex before? What do you think the success rate is for creating useful products using this kind of approach? We have even seen people who have struggled to prove themselves wrong, who continually strived to get to the scientific truth, and still failed to make a product designed to produce the expected excess heat. However, such efforts are highly laudable. They exhibit the best qualities of mankind and the scientific method. The seekers avoided at great cost going down the road of fantasy and self delusion that such a large majority of free energy seekers have gone before. This is not an uncommon occurrence, now or in the past.

"A more self-willed, self-satisfied, or self-deluded class of the community, making at the same time pretension to superior knowledge, it would be impossible to imagine. They hope against hope, scorning all opposition with ridiculous vehemence, although centuries have not advanced them one step in the way of progress."

Henry Dircks, Perpetuam Mobile, or A History of Search for Self- Motive Power from the 13th to the 19th Century, 1870, P.354. A comment on perpetual motion seekers.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40eskimo.com/msg51474.html
I am amazed why do you have so much difficulties to admit that there is a correlation between steam production rate (i.e. pressure) and enthalpy? Do you discard it only because you were unable to come up with the idea yourself?

There is a correlation between how fast a vehicle drives and how much gas it uses. This correlation means nothing with regards to mileage the vehicle gets. The vehicle could be a Prius which gets 50 miles per gallon (21 km/liter) , or an army tank which gets 3 gallons per mile (0.142 km/liter). The problem is insufficient known variables.

Why do you demand ultra high accuracy for calorimetry for short tests, although short tests cannot exclude hidden power sources. Also your suggestions for method does not even provide great accuracy without extensive efforts, but calorimetry from steam pressure is here more accurate, because there is not involved unknown rate of escaping heat due to insufficient insulation. We can estimate the heat loss just by measuring the surface temperature of E-Cat. Very simple and accurate.

This statement I take to be out of touch with reality. What should I call it? Fantasy seems like a nice word. What word would you recommend I use?

Is it not easier to demand that MW power plant would run continuously producing it's own electricity 24 hours per day, and seven days per week and 52 weeks per year?

No. It is reasonable to expect someone making claims which can cost investors thousands or millions of dollars to apply some effort to correct bad work before moving on to something so big that it is dangerous, very expensive, and very difficult to prove out with a test. Testing the small components (E-cats) makes much more sense. If the small components do not create free or nuclear energy then an aggregate of them can not produce free or nuclear energy. If the small units perform as expected as scientifically verified then the large unit can be expected to perform, except perhaps with operational and safety difficulties due to increased complexity and size.

See how utterly out of context your pondring is here, because indeed, electricity production rate depends on only one thing and that is the pressure of steam MW E-Cat can provide.

Sigh. Water can be sealed into an insulated box and massive temperatures and pressure built up with nominal energy. Using this approach with an E-cat is supposed to prove free energy?? This appears to be an assertion that is without any basis in fact. What would you like me to call that? The nicest word that comes to mind is fantasy.

Calibration of instruments is of course necessary, but even more necessary is to use common sense.

Also, instead of more insults,

Could you be very specific as to what I said that you consider an insult?

i am still expecting you to apologize your public insults what you have made. I am especially offended by your insults that did end up into Krivit's Blog.

I should note that I had nothing to do with Krivit's publishing my post. He did not contact me before posting it on his blog. OTOH, I have publicly given permission to anyone to publish anything I post, with the obvious caveat that it could easily be (and often is) wrong, and that my posts I consider casual conversation, that my views evolve with discussion. I don't post anything on his blog because he feels free to edit any posts.

If you feel my post is mistaken or insulting it is strange you did not post a rebuttal on the blog. Here is the URL:

http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2011/09/15/collected-comments-on- sept-7-afternoon-rossi-test/

I don't see any disagreement with my opinions posted there.

.
And also, I consider your experience with zero value.

.
That is or course your prerogative, though I find that highly insulting and a personal attack!! 8^)) I would note that there is a significant difference between attacking an individual and criticizing the prose an individual puts forth.

However, my position stands or fails on the numbers and formulas I provide. I don't see you providing much in the way of numbers or formulas or making much in the way of corrections to my numbers. I admittedly make lots of typos, clerical errors, and just stupid mistakes. I am a doddering old man. I say this often. I am happy to be corrected. Please correct away! But if you expect to have any credibility at all you will need to be specific, not only in criticizing me, but in putting forth your own positions. When you make such a wild claim that all that has to be done is measure E-cat pressure and outside temperature to do calorimetry, you need to show a method which accomplishes that. You need to show precisely what formulas apply and provide a sample calculation. Without that, it is merely arm waving from the peanut gallery. If you assert that using instrumentation buried inside a device of unknown structure is as reliable as independent outside the box measurement of inputs and outputs according to standard calorimetry methods, you need to supply more than just your opinion. If you assert you have a calorimetry method that works, then you should not make excuses for not proving it out using ordinary and inexpensive techniques, namely the use of control heat sources in control experiments, and calibrated thermal heat pulses in live runs.

Only thing that matters is what you are now. In the history we have just too much examples where experience has guided people into wrong direction, so it is not relevant to trust into experience, but do the thinking always on the basis of fresh arguments and clear thinking without prejudices.

I certainly feel that my technical thinking on these matters is clear headed, guided by experience, and numerically supported. I of course feel free to reject any of unsupported opinions or claims you make, and to ignore anything you post I deem to be without any technical merit. Sometimes when a post is made that demonstrates beyond all reasonable doubt the error of the poster's position, I simply leave it at that. What comment is necessary then?

     —Jouni