On Sep 20, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Peter Heckert wrote:

Am 20.09.2011 19:49, schrieb Horace Heffner:

I think my conclusion was good: "None of this indicates for sure whether Rossi has anything of value or not. Maybe he does. The continued failure to obtain independent high quality input and output energy measurements prevents the public from knowing.

There is one thing that was unfortunately ignored in allmost all public discussions:

In all demonstrations, January demo, Essen Kulander demo, 3 Ny Teknik demos, the electrical input energy was not enough to heat the water to 100° Celsius. (I dont know aout the Krivit demo) There was without doubt some considerable boiling in all experiments and so the COP should be larger than 2.
This is mass flow calorimetry.
There /must/ be more energy than the /measured/ electrical energy.
So there is something, lets hope it is not a trick.

Peter

I don't recall at all that there was not enough power to boil the water in the initial tests. (My memory is not very good though!) Do you mean there wasn't enough power applied to convert all the water flow to steam?

I guess one of the problems with making that assertion is not actually knowing the true flow rate at all times. Mattia Rizzi observed pump rates on a video which indicated much less than 2 gm/s.

If I recall correctly the Krivit demo was for the most part 1.94 gm/ s, input temp 23°C, and 748 W input, which makes for all the flow heated to 100°C plus 83 cc/sec steam generated. All that is hard to know too because apparently Rossi touched the control panel. Manual adjustment is apparently part of the process, as is changing duty factors. This is one reason why a good kWh meter would be of use.

A technical problem exists because the thermal mass of the E-cats is so high. Momentary power readings don't mean very much. Only fast sampled power measurements integrated to cumulative energy is meaningful, or first principle energy integrating techniques. Total energy in vs total energy out for a long period is the meaningful number.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/