----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Mattia Rizzi <mattia.ri...@gmail.com>
An:      vortex-l@eskimo.com
Datum:   22.09.2011 14:32
Betreff: [Vo]:About measurement of steam with Galantini probe

> Jed Rothwell wrote: » In the first test, Galantini used a Delta Ohm
> monitor to measure the relative humidity of the steam. This is a model
>  HD37AB1347 IAQ with a high temperature HP474AC SICRAM sensor. See:
>
> http://www.deltaohm.com/ver2010/uk/st_airQ.php?str=HD37AB1347
>
> The brochure and the experts that Lewan and I have contacted say this
> instrument measures the enthalpy of steam. I expect they are right and
> the people who say otherwise here are wrong. I have no further
> comments on this issue. » This is wrong.The instrument measure RH and
> Temperature.Entalphy is CALCULATED by the measurement of RH and computed
> with a table.To compute properly the entalphy, you need a good RH
> measurement (and *engineer from delta ohm said that the probe cannot operate
> properly inside the reactor*).You need also a table that it?s consistent
> with the environment. The instrument is designed for IN-DOOR AIR
> QUALITY!

I understand it this way:
The instrument could -in theory- be used to measure RH inside the tower.
It must however previously been calibrated for this purpose.
The vendor only delivers tables for IN-Door Air quality because he cannot
deliver tables for unknown devices.
This calibration requires careful (double) verification before it can be
trusted.

If so, then this measurement requires not only 1) theoretic knowledge but also
2) practical experiences.
They might have 1) to some degree but not 2).

Now what happens, when an inventor without deep knowledge and experience
constructs a steam device, makes it unaccessible and then lets unexperienced
scientist measure the steam?
Most scientists expect that devices that they use are properly constructed and
work as designed because they know nothing else.