From: Mark Iverson-ZeroPoint [mailto:zeropo...@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:53 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Analysis by Bob Higgins

Hi Bob,
I think all us Vorts appreciate the time you've put into the analyses
and
diagrams...

I know you say the diagram is only meant to help visualize things, but
from
what I've read and seen, it seems pretty accurate; not sure about the
pressure limiter. I think the water inlet is on the bottom...

I'd like to make reference to the assembly which basically 'sandwiches'
the
reactor core between identical layers of shielding and heat spreaders,
both
on top and underneath. We never see this assembly removed, so the only
way
we know what's underneath the top spreader is from comments made by
Rossi;
and what you've drawn is the image that I had in mind.

I'd like to suggest that you look again at all available pics or videos
which have the lid off, and look at the clearance between the spreader
and
the 4 walls.  It sure seems to me that there is a consistent ~3cm gap
between the heat spreader and the walls, which would make it rectangular
and
not the square 30cm x 30cm dimensions that Mats Lewan has reported.

One request:  could you add some measurement dimensions (in cm) to the
diagram?

Much appreciate your efforts!
-Mark