From: Alan J Fletcher [mailto:a...@well.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:20 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Analysis by Bob Higgins

At 03:26 PM 10/13/2011, Higgins Bob-CBH003 wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>
>I will consider such a drawing.  However, the present diagram is not
>geometrically correct - the internal unit is rotated in the
>cross-section so as to highlight the fins.  What is needed is a proper
>drawing from the pictures.  I just don't know what useful insight would
>be obtained from spending the time on that.

I don't think anything's to gain.   The only thing I'd change is to
mark the pressure regulator as speculative.

>I think it would be more useful to draw a speculative cross-section of
>the headers of the heat exchanger to have a proper discussion of the
>heat flow.  It is my contention, that because of the high secondary
>flow, that the heat from even primary hot water would not cause a
>significant error temperature rise in Tout.  This is because the heat
>conducted through the brass from the primary input would have to travel
>along the brass shell past the flowing secondary water for at least an
>inch through a cross-section of about 1/4".  The secondary water tube
in
>that section can be considered nearly a perfect sink because of the
high
>flow, and almost all of the heat from the primary will terminate in
that
>water - which is where it is supposed to terminate anyway.

I started on that : http://lenr.qumbu.com/111010_manifold_001_h1200.jpg
(but misunderstood the "nut" that my observer said the thermocouple
was connected to -- so I didn't draw the attached pipe segments).

See (eg) my 2-resistor models at
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg52539.html
(Horace Heffner first suggested the resistor model, but I used it in
a different way).

21-resistor model
http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg52547.html

He gave me some clear pictures of the manifold :
http://lenr.qumbu.com/111010_pics/111010_1_crop.jpg
http://lenr.qumbu.com/111010_pics/111010_2_crop.jpg
http://lenr.qumbu.com/111010_pics/111010_3_crop.jpg
http://lenr.qumbu.com/111010_pics/111010_4_crop.jpg