On 11/06/2011 12:49 PM, Mauro Lacy wrote:
On 11/06/2011 11:41 AM, John Harris wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Harris"<johnharri...@dodo.com.au>
To:<vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: [Vo]:INFORMAVORE's SUNDAY

----- Original Message ----->>>   ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter
Heckert"

<peter.heck...@arcor.de>

In natural science and technology lies are not relative.
Nature is always true and cannot be in error and never lies. Humans
can be in error and can lie.
But there is absolute truth.

And yet paradoxically nature itself is full of lies
Moths that look like bees so they are not attacked
Insects that look like twigs
Birds that look like a part of the tree they are roosting in
caterpillars with eyes on the tail end fish with wide open mouths that
appear to be safe haven for smaller prey
and many many more.

What you mean is biological nature and human perception of it.
I think this is a projection.
There is no untruth in physical nature, it is our mind that lies.

   And yet in this instance the human mind does not lie
   We perceive the stick insect and watch while it lunches off the aphids that
   do not perceive.
   We recognize the Mopoke on the branch and watch while it makes dinner of
the
   skink that did not recognise it.
   We see the reverse caterpillar and watch while the butcher bird gets its
   eyes full of acetic acid because it attacked the wrong end.

   The biological world is full of deception

As Peter Heckert said, you're projecting human traits (moreover,
stuffing them with emotionality) to nature and nature events.

Last night we watched "Grizzly Man", a masterly done documentary by
Werner Hertzog, about Timothy Treadwell, a guy who lived for a good

Herzog(damn!). Sorry Werner, the hideous spell checker does not know you.