Hi,
[snip]
>Now, assuming that the hypothesis is true, and proceeding in reverse
>order, we could(I want to clarify that I would NOT do it):
>- search for the geatest Internal Conversion Coefficients for a given
>element.
>- search for ways to increase said empirically determined coefficient.
>- search for ways to induce nuclear isomer decay.

It has been suggested that the means for doing this in the case of the Hafnium
isotope is to elevate the metastable nucleus energy to a higher level (via x-ray
bombardment), from which new level it rapidly decays.

Note however that Rossi has also claimed that other elements seem to work to
some extent too, just not as well as Nickel.

>- search for nuclear isomers of Nickel or other elements.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk