On Nov 8, 2011, at 5:10 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net> wrote:

Again, I don't know of anyone being allowed to see the insides of the 30x30x30 interior box.

1. Levi and the people at Defkalion say they saw inside.

Levi and Defkalion people saw inside the 6 Oct E-cat? I thought Defklion and Rossi had outs.

If they saw inside some other device at some other time then that is irrelevant.

Levi has been an inside guy from the beginning has he not? I see no difference between him and Rossi in regards to this issue. For that matter Defkalion is or will be selling similar devices, true?

What is important, obviously, is access by independent observers.

Lewan says you can see more than the photograph shows. There is no sign of concrete.

There was undoubtedly no sign of eagles or of diamond rings or elves or many other things either, or for that matter Ni or lead. The phrase "see more than the photograph shows" can mean anything.

BTW, the final large heat pulse before power cut-off could very well be due to water flowing into the 30x30x30 box through a hole. There could be two major slabs, one large and long (and to the left of the wiring input port) with lower thermal conductivity, and one short one with higher thermal conductivity material (to the right of the wiring input port). The water access port would provide access of the water to the larger left slab. Access of water to the smaller higher thermal conductivity slab would be the result of removal of the signal generator signal.

Just to be clear, not that it is very important or relevant, I did not use the term concrete to mean ordinary concrete made with sand and rocks. Ordinary concrete has poor thermodynamic properties compared to Portland cement. If you see me use the term concrete please assume it is one of my many typos. I actually mean cement. Cement delays the heat pulse too long. Ceramics or fire brick delay the post power cut off heat pulse to a time closer to the observed data.

2. In previous tests observers dumped out the water from the vessel after the run and measured the volume. There is no space unaccounted for in the vessel. There is no place to put concrete.

These are meaningless words. I specified *inside* the 30x30x30 cm inner box. What happens outside that box is obviously immaterial. Why would you bring such a red herring into the discussion?

3. The previous cylindrical reactors were easy to see inside of. There was no concrete in them. It makes no sense to claim that the previous reactors were real and this one is fake.

This is nonsense, and yet another red herring. You are digging pretty deep to respond! 8^) The calorimetry for those devices was entirely different. They were not designed by Rossi to demonstrate "heat after death". The obvious flaw in the demonstration of those devices is the output was never observed - it was simply sent down a drain.

Furthermore, you claim that output power is not measured accurately but this is incorrect. This analysis shows that the temperature of the cooling loop thermocouples was correct to within 0.1°C:

http://lenr-canr.org/RossiData/Houkes%20Oct%206%20Calculation%20of% 20influence%20of%20Tin%20on%20Tout.xlsx

Take a look at this photo again:

http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/LewanTcoupleClose.jpg

There is a good possibility the thermocouple did not even touch the metal of the steel nut. Why would anyone with any experience at all leave the mess of ragged insulation around the thermocouple? It looks to me the thermocouple was probably exposed primarily to the air temperature under the insulation. At any rate, any one with nominal experience should know to place the thermocouple down the rubber hose a bit to avoid thermal wicking in the metal.

No one has challenged this analysis. Besides, even if this is incorrect and half of the input power is being stored while the electric power is turned on,

What do you mean half the input power is being stored? It is all being stored (except for leakage through the insulation) until heat shows up at the heat exchanger.
the overall output profile is still correct, and output greatly exceeds input. In other words, in the storage scenario, you lower the output curve to half of the input, while power is on, and then measure the area of stored energy, and compare it output energy during the time power is on, and afterwards. The area of the latter greatly exceeds the former.

All you are saying here is the output energy is larger than the input energy. We can not know that without good thermocouple readings. This is not inferable from a measurement. This is a rehash of old well trodden material.

Storage cannot explain these results.

Sure it can, if the thermocouple readings are not reliable. Most importantly, simple passive storage can explain the bumps in the power out curve after power in is cut off. What it can not explain is the response of the E-cat interior thermocouple to the the miniscule power from the frequency generator, without active control being involved. There are feasible explanations for active control that do not involve fraud. However, it is also true active control provides an excellent mechanism for managing and releasing stored energy in any manner desired.

- Jed

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/