On Nov 7, 2011, at 7:52 PM, David Roberson wrote:

It always works out the way you desire when you cherry pick the data. Throw away data that does not match your needs, keep all that does. This is the common way that some science operates.

OK Dave, please supply the input power and flow time stamped data from the time the M-cats are cool initially to power down. I especially would like to have the power supplied via "frequency generator". I'll scale it down to a single E-cat and run it through my simulator once it is completed.

If you want to be truly honest in your effort, you must explain all of the experimental evidence. And, it is important that you consider the fact that 3 core modules were used in the 1 MW test. The customer acceptance was based upon having 3 cores and thus the results were far more robust. I guess that you are attempting to explain the test in early October by suggesting that there was no active core at all. It might be possible to simulate that since only one core was generating heat. My last conclusion seemed to indicate that the power output was a lot less than the thermocouple data suggested. Try not to be manipulated by Rossi and confused as he seems to enjoy misdirecting us at every possible turn of events. He has done that to me on many occasions.

Think of this. One core module supplies 3.4 kilowatts of output in driven mode. In the self sustaining mode it is generally 1/2 that amount. I would not be surprised to see just 1.7 kilowatts under this condition, and that should be easy to simulate with concrete or iron or many other possible materials. But then, with 3 modules of the 1 MW system output power goes up to approximately 10 kilowatts for each ECAT. This will be virtually impossible to simulate in the driven mode where the system puts out 1 MW. You might be able to approximate the self sustaining mode at half that power (500 kW), but it will be much harder.

Again, if you expect to convince the majority of us that Rossi is conducting a scam, explain the difficult case.

Convincing anyone that Rossi is conducting a scam is not my goal. I *would* very much like to see customers demand at least mediocre calorimetry though. I would like to see credible proof produced, and it could have already been produced at almost no expense, with simply the right experimental plans. I also do not want to see a bad financial deal made of any kind - because it will be used as an example every time serious scientists attempt to obtain research funding. This kind of turn of events could have a serious negative impact on billions of people for years to come. It is important to determine as quickly as possible if nuclear energy is actually being produced and at what power level.

That said, consider the fact the less data the more difficult. The most difficult case would be the case where Rossi holds a press conference and states he has been running an E-cat for more than a year to heat a building. Yes, all claim and no data. That's the most difficult case. Really not very far from the MW test though is it? The data from that test, like 9 prior, depends on the assumption that steam was flowing, plus various other assumptions that are unreasonable to make during due diligence. There really isn't much difference between insufficient data and no data.

Say, wait a second, Rossi has already specified the the most difficult case. He already stated he has been using an E-cat to heat a building for over a year. Well, I guess I can't run that data through a program, can I? Yep, scientifically irrefutable! Wow, I really had no idea the nuclear energy claim was so well verified. The most difficult experimental evidence can not be explained away! That's iron clad proof! I wonder if dealerships are being offered? 8^)

Sorry, the sarcastic nome must have cast a momentary spell on me.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/

Dave