On Nov 8, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net> wrote:

Rossi's behavior is absurd, unless he doesn't believe in the technology himself. Then it makes complete sense.

His behavior is irrational and absurd. However, such behavior is common among inventors and discoverers, and it has been throughout history. There are many famous examples such as John Harrison. There are many in the present day and among cold fusion researchers, such as Patterson.

I do not think it makes "complete sense" that Rossi does not believe in the technology himself.

This is a different statement from the one I made. I implied Rossi's behavior makes complete sense if he does not believe in the technology himself. I did not say it makes complete sense that Rossi does not believe in the technology. There is a difference. The question though should be which premise is more consistent with Ross not believing in the technology?

If he did not believe in it, he would gleefully promote it and he would put on more impressive demonstrations. Fake but impressive. He would gladly accept money from investors since the only point of doing this would be to fleece people. That is not what he is doing. He is, in fact, beating off investors with a stick. He is turning down money. I know several people who offered him large sums. He refused them all. He did not even answer some of them. This is not characteristic of a fraud who does not believe in his own work.

Well, that depends on what the terms of the offers was doesn't it? Whether performance clauses were discussed, for example. Also, from whom the offers were made.

It is characteristic of a lone inventor who does not want to give up control. Patterson was the same way. I know people who offered him funding, which he turned down. As I said, he was determined to have 100% market share.

And yet he is considering a stock offering?

If Rossi actually has something useful, and it is not patentable, then he could still make a fortune producing energy and selling it directly to a grid. He could relocate to Mexico and sell power to the west coast of the USA through the existing grid. He could make billions.

I do not think the power companies would allow this.

You think Mexico would not cooperate with this on a shared profit basis? A chance to make billions? I think someone at some level and above would support it. Mexico is moving into the solar business now I believe.

Also, by the time he set up and was able to do this, the secret of this technology would be out and he would be reverse engineered by every major industrial manufacturing company on earth.

- Jed

How long could it take to have a bunch of E-cats, say 6 M-cats, made and shipped to Mexico? After that it is just a matter of driving an appropriate generator. The ones used for solar thermal should do nicely.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/