From: Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 15, 2011 10:33 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Rossi Deserves Our Gratitude

For example, Brian Josephson got his Nobel from an idea that he got when he was
around 21 years old. Currently he is "researching" telepathy and yet people
listen Brian because and only because he has won a Nobel prize. Clearly it does
not follow logically that Brian is smart because he has a Nobel prize.  On the
other hand people should not unlisten Brian because he is researching telepathy.

I'm not sure what you mean by "researching telepathy".  Until something is
shown to exist, there isn't much to research.  Same with telekinesis and most
things purported to be "paranormal" (whatever exactly that means).  First show
that the phenomenon exists, then let's research it!    Brian Josephson also
thinks there is merit to homeopathy.  But homeopathy is a very old mistake
being perpetuated in modern times when the technology and methods exist to
falsify it.  The homeopaths never do the experiment even in the face of a
million dollar standing prize from James Randi if someone can simply
differentiate a properly made homeopathic solution from it's solvent by *any*
means whatsoever.