At 02:40 AM 11/17/2011, Joshua Cude wrote:
Or use two ecats. Then of course you'd need someone independent to select which one to use for the blank run.

Solves nothing.  In fact, nor does my proposed protocol.

Rossi just "turns on" the fakium for the live run, and leaves it off for the "blank" run.

ps : I've always supported the position that the excess power * run time must be long enough to eliminate all possible fakes, and have no problem with anyone who insists that is required for "absolute proof".

But that's not to say that anything less than that is proof of failure, or that no meaningful conclusions can be drawn from incomplete, inconsistent or even faulty data. (Was that a triple negative?). Meaningful conclusions can be drawn from incomplete, inconsistent or even faulty data.