I suspect that it is not easy to simulate the actual heat exchanger and
environment of the Rossi test.  A true test would require an exact copy of the
one he used, but that is not going to be possible.

The idea of using a cold water copper pipe and blow torch with two TCs is about
as good as we will get.  I would place one of the TCs near the torch and the
other a couple of inches further down the water flow.  An ideal test would be
to measure the temperature at several different distances along the copper pipe
as you head away from the torch.  Start close enough to the torch to see a
noticeable delta.  Of course, water must be flowing within the pipe.

If you perform a test such as this and do not see any temperature difference
when an inch or so from the torch, it will go a long way toward convincing
people that the effect is not very important.

May I suggest that you have the torch flame hitting the opposite side of the
pipe from the TCs to keep the direct flame from screwing up the test and also
allowing closer position of the first test TC.

Try to obtain a copper pipe with the largest OD/ID ratio as possible since the
manifold appears to be composed of very thick metal.

Dave