Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to admit, I can't follow the PDF report enough to figure out what
> reservoir 1 and 2 are and what volumes Lewan is measuring.    And even if
> Lewan lost some water along the way, was it necessarily converted to steam?

If it was still liquid, it would flow into the bucket. I believe that is
what he had in mind. Also, if the water was in the mythical state discussed
here in which it is 90% liquid and 10% vapor, the liquid portion would
definitely fall into the bucket. The only way it could not have reached the
bucket would be if it was vapor, as far as I know.

Notice it was not sparging when the camera first looked at the steam pipe
in the bucket. The steam was escaping and the condensate flowing down into
the bucket. After that Lewan put the hose under the water but a lot of
steam still escaped. That was not deep enough to sparge it and condense it
all.