On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> An ultrasonic nebulizer is certainly possibly but it's a bit far fetched.
>>

> A bit? How would the water from this reach the end of the hose without
> forming drops and becoming an ordinary flow of water? I would say that is
> impossible.

So some things are impossible? You should keep an open mind. It doesn't
violate any principles of physics for a mist of micrometer droplets to
travel through a hose, and it is far more plausible than radiationless
nuclear reactions producing heat.

The steam is flowing at something close to a m/s, depending on the fraction
that gets vaporized, and the diameter of the hose. A fine mist or fog
carried along with the steam would take only a few seconds to get through
the hose. It seems entirely plausible that half of it would survive as a
mist, while the other half is collected as a liquid.