Going through my notes again . . . I should say there is still some hope at
SPAWAR that after-hours or weekend research may be allowed. They are still
negotiating, so let us not raise a big stink about this. No point in riling
up the opposition more than usual.

They are discouraged.

As I said, most cold fusion research is done on a shoestring, tucked away
in a corner were the people in charge will not notice it. You have to keep
a low profile in this business. So please do not write letters to the Navy
demanding this be allowed. You will only make things worse. I will greatly
regret relaying this news here if people bring pressure on the Navy, and
the Navy makes life even more miserable for cold fusion researchers.

The skeptics should feel free to keep writing to authorities. Mary Yugo
should continue to respond to any mass media article in the comment section
with unfounded, vile allegations of fraud and guilt by association, written
under a a pen name. It is only words, and words have no consequences. You
cannot make things worse than you already have. Maintain your unshakable
conviction that anything you disagree with, you do not understand, or you
have not bothered to read must be "pathological science" or fraud. We get
it. Research you don't like must not be allowed. Ever. Even on weekends,
done by 85-year-old professors. You want stasis and the end of science, and
that is what you will get. As Martin Fleischmann said: "People do not want
progress. It makes them uncomfortable. They don't want it, and they shan't
have it."