I wrote:

I talked to one of the researchers and some people who assisted. The
old company did not "suppress" this

I meant the "oil company" not the old company. I wasn't even using dictation. I got that wrong the old fashioned way.

This file was originally dated March 19, 1990.

I have an interesting cover letter that came with the original copy. It says: Cold fusion was announced by Fleischmann and Pons . . . difficulty in reproducing . . . blah, blah. "The attached document is the first formal written report covering [Amoco research]. "The latest cold fusion experiment run at the Tulsa Research Center documented anomalous energy production, as measured through careful calorimetry, and produced enhanced levels of tritium, an indication that a nuclear process is involved in the experiment. Work is continuing to further understand the cold fusion mechanism."

As I said, it did not pan out.

This along with other communications from oil companies do not give me the impression they ever intended to suppress this research. However, if it starts to succeed with a technology out of their control, such as Rossi's, I expect they will try to suppress it.