2011/12/31 Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>:
> Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Spam is an insoluble problem I have studied it from 1994 and later
>> systematically in the 488 weekly issues of my newsletter. I  remember when
>> Bill Gates still active at Microsoft has promised to liquidate spam in two
>> years. He failed. . . .
>

> I have not gotten more than 1 or 2 spam messages per month since I switched
> to Gmail. I would say the problem has been solved. I do not know if Gates
> contributed to the solution.

Gates with its sloppy operating systems is in  part responsible for spam. :-)
 Don't be surpised, what people see as a viral attack is usually a
mean to make the computers of unaware users the worst spammers medium.
 Actually the design flaws that allows viruses on MS platforms are
taking more time and resources than cold fusion research with little
results.  If one takes into account what is the damage to ISPs
bandwidth and Internet users' wasted time he would see how a defect in
such a common software affects the World's GDP. :-)

mic