Very good points Jed.
Man - this has been the most fascinating day on Vortex in quite some time.

On 01/19/2012 04:46 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Chemical Engineer <cheme...@gmail.com <mailto:cheme...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    As long as Rossi pays for NI's hardware and software they are
    probably satisfied and don't mind the free advertising.

This would be the worst advertising imaginable!!! What corporation wants to be associated with Rossi? Do a Google search and you find hundreds of attacks against him. Check his background and you find it is dripping in scandal.

This is NOT good PR for NI. Not, not, _not_.

If I were them, I would not respond to Forbes, or I would say "we can't comment on whether we are in a relationship with this company."

      They do not require a "deep knowledge" of what he is doing or
even if his reactor works or not.

If they do not have deep knowledge they are crazy to let themselves be associated it.

John Milstone <john_sw_orla...@yahoo.com <mailto:john_sw_orla...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    Maybe they just got tired of the hundreds, if not thousands of
    annoying emails and phone calls from Rossi's fans, demanding a
    detailed accounting of just how great Rossi's invention really is?

In that case, all they have to do is issue a statement saying "no comment." Or, as I said, "we never talk about customer relationships of this nature." A company that is annoyed will deny everything and make no more comments.

The lady in charge of PR at the company issued a statement about Rossi. So did a VP of development. Believe me, NI is aware of this at highest levels. As Mary Yugo pointed out, they have millions of customers. The VP does not know them all by name, and will not make statements about 999,900 of these customers.

    It isn't at all unusual for a company to release a statement on an
    issue that is generating more than typical interest.

It is unusual for any company anywhere to make any statement pertaining to cold fusion. _Extremely_ unusual!

    NI made the most insignificant acknowledgement possible . . .

Nonsense. I can think up any number of less significant acknowledgement, starting with "no comment."