On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
<a...@lomaxdesign.com>wrote:

> A LENR device that produces power for a few hours or a few days isn't
> practical. It might indeed be of interest, and someone, someday, might
> figure out how to make something like this reliable, but Rossi might not
> even be close. His approach might be too crude.
>
> But, he'd think, it's just around the corner, if he just tweaks this or
> that, surely it will work.
>
> This is just a hypothesis, but it does explain a lot, if true.

I always find this sort of assertion amazing.  Sure, it's possible but it's
a very distant possibility!  Just finding robust (kilowatt level) LENR for
ANY period of time more than can be accounted for by chemical or other
non-nuclear methods would be a spectacular demonstration of the principle
and worthy of acclaim, perhaps a Nobel, and tons of research money, patents
and other prizes.  It's never been claimed by anyone credible, much less
demonstrated!  It is beyond reasonable belief that someone could do robust
and crystal clear LENR like Rossi claims even for a few hours and would not
research, exploit, and demonstrate it.   And if Rossi didn't "out" it, one
of his assistants or professor friends would almost certainly do so.   It's
a very remote possibility in my view.