The one big disadvantage of using the reactor walls is in replacing the
embedded powder. When the powder is spent, the whole core must be
discarded...not competitive.

On the other hand, nano-powder may be too tiny to allow surface phonons to
propagate correctly (however that might work). Nano powder might not work.

The compromise in micro powder in the 5 micror size range. This powder is
replaceable, yet big enough to carry effective phonon vibrations.

The challenge is to properly form the surface of the micro-powder to
provide micro-cavities that allow protons to become synchronized (coherent).

Like Jones has posted, protons repel each other but when you put them in a
small quantum well, they bounce off each other and also off the cavity
walls for a very long time until they just so happen in a one in a million
encounter to approach in just the right  way to syncronize their quantom
properties. That is the only job of the micro-powder, to get protons to
sync up into coherent pairs.

IMHO, Nano powder is too small to perform this function and the reactor
walls are too inconvenient, but micro powder is just the right size and
weight…and the surface needs to have the most effective micro cavities
formed on each particle too.