I think Rossi is adding to English more words, coming in some sense from
Italian, than in the last 5 centuries.
Clownerie has been translated by Akira  into travesty. Clownerie is another
Rossi's invention, if I can imagine what take places into his brain I think
the right path is clown ==> pagliaccio ==> pagliacciata (the act of being a
clown) ==> clownerie; I think it should be translated into buffoonery
(clowning, silly behaviour)