LENR notwithstanding as influential in this rejoinder…

Everything is relative. The trillion dollar price tag is a drop in the
bucket for non-carbon based energy; a great bargain in life and treasure
lost. Nuclear disaster is a bargain. This unfortunate incident though
tragic and heart-rending is but a pittance, a trifle, a minute allowance
compared to the horrendous cost associated with the eventual sea level rise
that comes from the warming of our world, an appalling tragedy that would
inundate most of that poor imprisoned island. The inhabitants of that
island will be forced to endure life on a habitable portion reduced by half
to its current extent.

How much does the lost coastline of this shrunken and embattled Japanese
island cost to replace and move inland and upland into the hills. A certain
and impending nightmare is the forfeiture of the bountiful and rich harbor
and city of Tokyo. This priceless jewel of the japans will be swallowed far
beneath the rolling waves of the Pacific. And yet so great a tragedy, this
loss as certain as guaranteed can be is but one of a thousand, the gems
lost along the coast despoiled dismantled and torn asunder by the
remorseless cruel sea. And that irradiated area that you are so concerned
about will also be taken by the rising and roiling seas, a price of courage
lost, of future vision clouded by the stinging mists of fear, a shining
city lost forever to any living memory of man.

Embrace the thing you fear most and in that embrace the assent of the
greater good is certain.