Robert Lynn <robert.gulliver.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe the best long term answer for nuclear is to put reactors in large
> barges or on platforms 10's-100's of miles off-shore.

That seems like a bad idea to me. A rogue wave or a storm at sea can
capsize or break apart any ship, including the largest aircraft carrier or
containership. That happens even when the ships are skillfully handled to
reduce damage. Barges and platforms cannot be handled.

In any case, the long term answer in Japan is already clear. They will
build no more reactors. The public will not stand for it. I doubt they will
even turn back on most of the remaining ones, which are presently off line,
pending inspections. Nuclear power is dead in Japan. Probably in Germany,
too.