Based on evidence, the neutron is believed to be comprised of positive
core surrounded by a negative shell:
http://www.terra.es/personal/gsardin/news13.htm

However in recent years there is evidence which suggests the neutron
is comprised of three layers: a central negative core which is
surrounded by a layer of positive charge which in turn is surrounded
by an exterior negative shell.

Harry