To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Coherent Quantum Wires and Charge Accumulation

Jojo,
Please note this correction -

"...current density is directly related to radius^2..."
- should read
"...current is directly related to radius^2..."

The extra word changes the meaning entirely.
Too large a radius (~ electron mean free path), though, will make the
current diffusive instead of ballistic.

-- Lou Pagnucco

Lou Pagnucco wrote:
Jojo,

I believe in both metal nanowires and carbon SWNTs, current density is
directly related to radius^2 - Refer to equation(1), page 1 of -

"Stability of Metal Nanowires at Ultrahigh Current Densities"
http://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0411058v3.pdf