another detail I've heard recently is the importance of the dose flow, and
not only the dose.

fast dose flow will cause much more dammage, than regular flow of the same
dose.

this have been recently studied and published.
it is not new data, but simply catching more attention than before.

practically this mean that population living in radioactive zone , have
much less risk than emergency workers, at the same dose.

in fact in the old time all test were done with intense dose flow, and this
increase resulst far from reality.

George monbiot (the Guardian Environmentalist croniquer) have wrote a "Irve
been manipulate" kind of article after fukushima when he gather some data
and realised how he have been foolled. the idea is not new for me, but he
gather really shocking data
http://www.monbiot.com/2011/04/04/evidence-meltdown/

like fecundity of fishermen that seldom survived nuclear test, and alike...

honestly recently I've seen the effect of alcooh, overweight, tobacco,
compares to 1Sv at Hiroshima, I get really surprised...
I get also surprised to see that 1/3 of death are cancer, and half are
linked to genetic cause, half from those bad behaviors, maybe about 1% or
car air pollution, 0.5% of environemental risk,

it seems that our risk assessment as a society is very very stupid. LENR
blackout is nothing compared to those delusions, and the trillions wasted
in useless fears and avoidable death...

moreover most of the death at Chernobyl seems to be consequence of stress,
caused by disinformation and evacuation. It seems that at Fukushima they
anticipate that problem and try to prepare  the minds, but maybe is it no
more possible to step back from panic mode.

as it was for LENr when mainstream get locked in a delusion, it is
impossible to get out. Hopefully LENr will terminate the question, instead
of giving the good answer.