Don't know the movie, just read two comments by two people I value (sic!).
Barry Ritholtz and Matt Taibbi.
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/05/review-hbos-too-big-to-fail/
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/andrew-ross-sorkin-gives-goldman-a-rubdown-20110607

Ritholtz is sort of neutral, whereas Taibbi has this to say:
...The Sorkin piece reads like it was written by the bank's marketing
department, which may not be an accident. In November of last year, the New
York Times announced that "Dealbook" was entering into a sponsorship agreement
with a variety of companies, including ... Goldman, Sachs.
So it seems to be unclear whether Sorkin actually wrote an elaborate piece of
propaganda, and I tend to side with Taibbi here, who has a lot of  'common
sense', as is one of Your topics.

Now the financial 'universe' seems to be constructed on different rules than
the physical one:
It is a human construct, based on belief, deception, self-deception and
factoids, dumb people and smart people.

(Cf  the film "Enron: the the smartest guys in the room", which I highly
recommend, to recognize what is going on in the heads of the players.)

What is shocking to me is, that 'hard' science wrt LENR seems to be so
off-track.

With the financial 'universe' not so much. It is one created by a bunch of
compulsive liars as being the 'Creator'.
And in this web of lies You are hopelessly lost.
The drive is making money (financial) , not knowing the 'truth' (physical),
whatever that maybe.
In this context I highly recommend David Hume's "Dialogues Concerning Natural
Religion", which is a humorous as it is a classic.
The 'gods of the financial universe' to paraphrase Hume, were/are a deluded
bunch of idiots.
Regarding the physical universe, this is still an open question.

Guenter