To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Koch founded climate skeptic changes sides

Jaro has myopic tunnel vision (mixed metaphor?) with thoughts of a
warmer climate making more farmland or making cold areas more
hospitable to humans.

Below is a list of the disadvantages of global warming that I found on
a website.   Any advantages from global warming are far outweighed by
these disadvantages.

========================

Disadvantages of Global Warming

Ocean circulation disrupted, disrupting and having unknown effects on
world climate.

Higher sea level leading to flooding of low-lying lands and deaths and
disease from flood and evacuation.

Deserts get drier leaving to increased desertification.

Changes to agricultural production that can lead to food shortages.

Water shortages in already water-scarce areas.

Starvation, malnutrition, and increased deaths due to food and crop shortages.

More extreme weather and an increased frequency of severe and
catastrophic storms.

Increased disease in humans and animals.

Increased deaths from heat waves.

Extinction of additional species of animals and plants.

Loss of animal and plant habitats.

Increased emigration of those from poorer or low-lying countries to
wealthier or higher countries seeking better (or non-deadly)
conditions.

Additional use of energy resources for cooling needs.

Increased air pollution.

Increased allergy and asthma rates due to earlier blooming of plants.

Melt of permafrost leads to destruction of structures, landslides, and
avalanches.

Permanent loss of glaciers and ice sheets.

Cultural or heritage sites destroyed faster due to increased extremes.

Increased acidity of rainfall.

Earlier drying of forests leading to increased forest fires in size
and intensity.

Increased cost of insurance as insurers pay out more claims resulting
from increasingly large disasters.