Hi Peter,

Those slides and also their paper presented on ICCF 17, which is also
available, are sadly inconclusive. They just add confusion to the mass.

I asked someone to ask defkalion people if they had done isotope analysis
and to ask what were the light elements.

They said they did no isotope analysis, yet they said there was no
transmutation of Ni. I don't know how could they conclude that.

Also, they did not find Triton, He3 or He4 among the light elements. They
found lithium, beryllium and boron, though.

So, they claim things completely different from any group before them. They
are sloppy and illogical . I am completely confused. Maybe they do not have
good intentions, after all?

Considering only the paper presented in the conference, it is not clear to
me if they used isotopic ratio mass spectroscopy, which means, it seems did
not try to determine the isotopes, they just plotted the variation of the
mass of the samples with great accuracy. It's not possible to figure out if
the samples were contaminated.

It seems they used this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductively_coupled_plasma_mass_spectrometry

When they should have also used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotope-ratio_mass_spectrometry

Their data on small mass elements is still crazy, just with the crude
method. This is unlike anything that was seen before, as far as I know.

--
Daniel Rocha - RJ
danieldi...@gmail.com