I’m just the reporter!

We report… you decide.

OK, I confess… there might be some interesting, and sometimes heated,
discussions in between the report/decide thingy… Vorts are a rambunctious lot,
and after having a few at the Dime Box Saloon, brawls are not uncommon... but
mostly friendly.

If you’re not afraid to ask, “What if”… if that doesn’t cause cog-diss, then
pull up a stool and have a go at it!  You’re welcome here.  But when you step
up onto the Dime Box, you’d better make sure your guns at loaded, cuz Vorts are
bound to take a few shots atcha!  ChemE is packin’ a 191… so better have some
heavy loads when taking shots at him.

All kidding aside… having dual degrees with one in science (Biology) and having
spent 5 years at a scientific research institute, the few scientists I admire
didn’t mind asking, “What if…”!  After all, isn’t science all about learning
and understanding what makes things tick… the unknown is what a *true*
scientist SHOULD be interested in;  SHOULD get excited about.  And just because
a scientist asks “What If”; just because he begins to follow a line of thought,
however crazy it sounds, or whether it ‘violates’ theory, doesn’t mean he has
lost all sense of skeptical reason… which is what he’s accused of more often
than not.  It happens in the Collective as well, recently in fact.  One at a
time I guess…

-mark Iverson

PS: don’t forget to ante up…  I’ll let you guess how much that is!

;-)