I agree with Jed's ideas.

We may find @ low power levels any/all radiation/emissions are easily
absorbed locally and at higher levels it requires more shielding, etc.  Or
that some reactants have "dirtier" emissions than others.

It is pretty obvious to me the effect is real and appears to be scalable
although possibly not yet reliable at the higher levels.

I became somewhat concerned recently based upon the health of some of the
scientists and related people involved with various devices over the years
as I read back through old documents.  This may be unfounded but who knows
at this point.  This effect, if more common in nature than we think, might
actually help expand medical knowledge if there are some emissions and
potential health impacts at certain levels.

Stewart
http://wp.me/p26aeb-4