The calibration wire is just a nichrome wire, or so it says on the slide.
Nothing was said about doing any special processing on this wire.

There's something else weird about the slide. The last bullet at bottom
says "the R/R0, of both wires, just slightly increased (as expected),
increasing the temperatures." But look out to the right at the red line.
See where it takes the second jump from 15W to 30W? This will obviously
increase the temperature of the processed wire. But look at the purple line
above it. The resistance actually *drops* slightly over time while the
power is held at 30W, which contradicts the last bullet item. This is
labeled as a pure Argon test run, remember. No H2.

Jeff