there is truths and error in boths , even moderate, vision...

I've read in "the next convergence" a much more rational analysis of how to
organize free market, social protection, regulation, protectionism,
currency manipulation.

one basic of that author vision is that the best way to increase wealth is
big growth to catchup rich high-tech countries.
It is a question of infrastructure, but also of knowledge transfer, that
need a good context, education technical infrastructure, governance, but
als inclusiveness, feeling of justice, leading to supporting the temporary
pain of structural change.

the idea of convergence is that you need to make strong structural change
in permanence.
no recepi of sucess work for a decade.
You shoul not protect the jobs, but you have to protect the people so they
can adapt to the new jobs, with education.
you have not to help them to stay in the old industry, but you can protect
you industry, and the people, for a short time so they can adapt and so
that the new jobs are created not too late from de destructions of old
jobs...

the basic of good attitude is not adapt roughly, without too much ideoloy,
see how is does works, correct quicly, and accept imperfection, but refuse
comfort and statu-quo...

redistribution is needed, to allow a feeling of justic, but inequality will
increase. however unlike in locked economy, the inequalities won't be
because of cast or family history, but because of luck (right time, right
place, some talent, and they will be temporary...

What is the enemy of economy is "economic rent", monopoly, and other
comfort of the dominant actors... wealth can be accepted, but it should be
on the edge, and poverty should be belended and temporary... but not
comportable... just temporary, motivating,and the system shoul avoid to
destroy active force, and help them to update their competences.

it looks quite cold blooded but it is also humanist, since it helps all a
populatio to live better, even if everybody, even the rich, have his butt
kicked some times. kicked, not blasted.

this book is interesting.
And very critic to most occidental policy, libertarian or social-democrats.