At 04:25 PM 10/8/2012, mix...@bigpond.com wrote:
Hi,
[snip]
>At 03:55 PM 10/7/2012, mix...@bigpond.com wrote:
>>While what you say is true, a track created by a single proton is not
>>necessarily indicative of neutrons, as the track could be caused by
>>any reaction
>>producing a proton, or any charged particle for that matter. However
>>the triple
>>track created by the C12 breakup is strongly indicative of fast neutrons.
>
>Yes, the triple track is distinctive. However, if you have lots of
>small tracks, as protons will produce, in a place where no charged
>particle radiation would penetrate, you can be quite sure you are
>looking at neutron-caused proton knock-on.

That may be true according to conventional wisdom, however consider the
following possibility. Severely shrunken Hydrino molecules could easily migrate
through the interstitial spaces in solid matter, and then undergo fusion
reactions further on. The result might be essentially indistinguishable from
neutron/proton knock-on reactions.

Obviously, if we want to allow new physics, anything is possible. Now, would hydrino "molecules" (are they molecules or atoms) produce triple-tracks?

"Quite sure" does not mean "absolutely certain." I was just writing about routine assumptions.

Hydrinos, if fusion-capable, would produce other effects. And, by the way, I'd expect hydrino fusion to follow the same branching ratio as hot fusion.