Thanks Abd for that clear explanation,

As usual you are very strict with the required level of proof.

I have gathered some data that I think valid, but please all here correct
me if I'm wrong.

As far as i know, NiH heat anomaly was known sine 89 with some ignored
experience by Piantelli.
in 93 I have been reading among the thousands of abstracts on CF, few
results about NiH , yet like everybody of that time I took them as minors...

about He4/Heat correlation, the story of the Report41 of ENEA is
instructive.
It have been rejected, while clearly superior in quality to many papers
accepted by Science, and by the 41one review it have been proposed to (is
it really 41? look like a joke)
(see that topic http://www.lenrforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=451 )

about the condition to trigger LENR in PdD experiments, the most complete
paper seems to be that report of ENEA at ICCF15 :
(see http://www.lenrforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=674 )

ENEA have a strange story about CF, and the report: hystory of CF at ENEA
that you can find in the same forum can show you why Italy is well
represented in CF.

to understand the sociology/psychiatry of LENR you should looks at the
story of gas permeation experiments started by NASA GRC, then tsighua
uni+infinicon, then Biberian, the Nasa GRC again...
see http://www.lenrforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=474
the way that NASA GRC claim discretely that they validated heat anomaly
without doubt in 89, is strange since their report just prove they refuse
to fund needed experiments to be sure... They lie, discretely, to look
pioneer while they have been denier until Spawar get public.

There is (only) one great reason to doubt about LENR being real, it is only
that one cannot accept that on the whole planet, the greatest brains,
reject LENR without even a question,  while there is visibly so clear,
validated, replicated, precise, intense, evidences... any trusting citizen
will rationally assume that these evidences are faked, because we cannot
accept so huge collective delusion.

Don't tell me about the constraint of replication, since any scientist
having learned history know that at the beginning of a new science,
replication is hard...
Don't talk me about impossibility, since any scientist knowing quantum
physics in lattice, know that we can be surprised...
All the mainstream excuse don't hold 5 minute facing an historian of
science or a semiconductor physicist.
BTW I've been trained to micro-electronics, and the few of QM and history
I've learned make me easily accept LENR as not breaking any physics law.
It is shocking how the critics repeat stupid claim (like thermodynamic law
broken, coulomb barrier, reliability...) at that level of competence, while
any student should be fired of PhD course for such a bad excuse. The case
of intelligent rebuttal of LENR , not using those stupid excuses are rare...

If you read the appendix "patterns of denial" by Roland Benabou, and his
key paper "Groupthink: collective delusion in organizations and market",
the situation is less surprising.
http://www.princeton.edu/~rbenabou/papers/Patterns%20of%20Denial%204l%20fin.pdf
http://www.princeton.edu/~rbenabou/papers/Groupthink%20IOM%207p%20paper.pdf