This is bad news. It would explain why they have been testing wires for
weeks now without seeing significant excess heat. I have heard also that
Celani was unable to make his cell self sustain even though he increased
the insulation. If he is making a mistake in calorimetry that would explain
everything.

His method is crude. As I said during ICCF17, McKubre and others expressed
doubts about it.

I am not saying it is wrong for sure, but this certainly calls the results
into question.

This demonstrates why it is essential that all claims be tested
independently, with different instruments. I expect the HUG instruments are
better than Celani's.

I wonder what the MFM will do next if this turns out to be a mistake.

I have doubts about the calorimetry in some other gas loading claims
claims, such as Takahashi, Kitamura et al.:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/TakahashiAphenomenol.pdf

In my opinion, the reaction is too small and it does not continue long
enough to be definitive. I think they are not using enough powder.