The erroneous acts of polygamy and slavery were never commanded in the Old
Testament, only controlled and condoned.

Jesus Christ came to complete the Old Covenant,  the real Old Covenant with God
the Father, not the corrupted Judaism that it  has become by the time he
entered  the scene.

One famous scholar once said.  "The Old Testament is in the New Testament
revealed, while the New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed."

There is no conflict between the Old and New Testaments.  The New is the
completion of the Old.  But we must make a distinction between what is really
the Old Testament from the corrupt Talmudic Judasim that came from Pagan
Babylon.

Acceptance of the Bible as literal turth in NOT a violation of Christ's
teachings.  Far from it.  Christ himself extensively quoted from the Old
Testament and said it was true.  You will not find Christ or any of the New
Testatment writers denying anything in the Old Testament.  They took it as
literal truth.

Jojo