On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Mark Gibbs <mgi...@gibbs.com> wrote:
>
>  No, it is pro-forma, Japanese style. It is what you say before you are
>>> forced to be uncivil.
>>>

>> One is never "forced" to be uncivil.
>>

> I cannot describe the facts of the matter without showing that your
> assertions are ignorant nonsense.
>
> So, your considered and thoughtful way to address what you see as
someone's misunderstandings and to educate them is to be insulting and to
attack the man while you address the argument?

If you want to promote understanding of LENR and be respected as a
proponent you need to stop being emotional and ritualistically
antagonistic. If someone insults your mother, sure, feel free to lash out
if you must but no matter how much you feel people are ignorant,
uninformed, or, for that matter, disagree with you about the existence or
reality of LENR, that's hardly an excuse to be unpleasant.

Moreover, aggression and incivility won't get LENR funded any quicker ...
it will simply turn off those people who don't believe in LENR from
engaging with you. I'm sure you'll reply with "but I've had it with <fill
in insult> like you who don't get it!!" I'm sure you have but let's say
that you are completely right about LENR. Will being uncivil get you
anywhere faster? Is it a mature way to get what you want? If you haven't
got the stamina for the long game better it's usually better not to play.

[mg]