Sorry Jed, but your analysis conflicts with every economist that I have read and I read many. Raising taxes back to Clayton is not possible because the economy is not growing as fast as it was then so that the tax rate would have to be a bigger fraction of the income to provide the same amount of money, which people resist. Also, the debt is much larger now. We have passed the point of no return according to most analysts.

Ed