I will ignore the nit-picking and focus on the important points Abd raised.

First of all, he and I have a fundamental difference of opinion that can not be resolved by facts or discussion because it stems from a basic difference in attitude. So, I will not address this difference.

However, Abd misses a basic consequence of what a theory does. A theory is not designed to promote LENR, to make it acceptable, or even to satisfy skeptics. A theory allows the process to be made reproducible and brings the process under control. The CONSEQUENCE of this understanding is the important aspect of a theory. Until we can bring the phenomenon under control, I do not believe it will be accepted or made commercially useful. We will not arrive at this understanding without using some rules and agreements about what needs to be explained and apply this information to a explanation. The only issue of importance here is whether the discussion contributes to this process or distracts from it.

I'm trying to focus on logic, information, and laws that are needed to attempt the process of understanding.

As for my theory, I have created a logical structure based on what needs to be explained using as few assumptions as possible. The theory identifies what needs to be created in the material (gaps of a critical size) and what must take place in this location to be consistent with observation (a resonance structure containing hydros and electrons). In the process, the model makes a series of predictions that can be used to determine if the model is correct or not. I have identified exactly where I think the mystery is located in the LENR process. The only thing I have not done is to show how the mysterious process operates. But, neither has anyone else done this.

My question is, Do we fight about the color of the car or do we cooperate by designing the engine?

Ed