  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Violante and others are trying the engineering approach

  Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

    Somewhat amazing that no major lab has taken the initiative to replicate (or
    debunk), after all these years...

  Srinivasan thought he replicated this at BARC. He got heat and tritium. Then
he spent 6 months at SRI trying to do it again. He finally concluded that his
results were caused by recombination. That was a noble effort.

  He went back to India and tried again, looking for tritium only, with no
calorimetry. They saw some tritium this time, but not as much.

  I recall some other people tried to replicate, without success. The results
were not encouraging.

  I do not understand why Thermacore abandoned this. It is one of many
discouraging failures. The failure to follow through.